Michigan Coalition for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People
The Michigan Coalition for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People has been hard at work, identifying and advocating for improved services and accessibility throughout Michigan since 1985.
Some of the issues addressed to date include:
- early identification of infants with hearing loss and universal infant hearing screening
- communication accessibility for people with hearing loss including interpreter accommodation
- accessible mental health services
- Americans with Disabilities Act compliance
- accessible substance abuse programs and treatment
- educational choice and the right of parents and child to select the appropriate education options
Membership is open to any agency, organization, or person with interest in the concerns of Deaf and Hard of Hearing People. Meetings are held at various member sites throughout the state.
For more information regarding the Coalition or to become a member visit the About Us section. Or contact Michigan Association for Deaf and Hard of Hearing and click on Michigan Coalition, e–mail at email@example.com or phone (800) Your–Ear.Click on Coalition Members page to access the 2002 Membership List.